Friday, January 29, 2010

Problem Solved : Cannibalism's No More

On my last year's post, I've mentioned that one of my doe ate their young as a defense mechanism against predators and drought or food shortage. I've been studying the case since that day. How do I make my does to feel comfy......

Now I have the solution. I make a nest box like a cave. Only one entrance and it is dark inside. And I add some extra features to it. A 'sunroof' which enable me to have a peek what happen inside..

I put it on test last month when Snowy ( the mother who ate the little ) gave birth once again with 3 litters. She seems comfy with the new nest box and began to take care of her little ones.

Here is the picture of the Cave Nestbox

0 comments:

 

© Copyright of Ketapang Bunnies | ™ Ketapang Bunnies Enterprise 2009